The Scholar Snapp Solution – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
There has been quite a few things happening in the area of college admissions such as the College Scorecard, FAFSA changes, the test-optional movement, the Coalition for Access, Affordability, and new college ranking systems etc. etc., that it is not surprising to let some of the other news to quietly pass by unnoticed. A recent collaboration between The Common Application and Scholar Snapp, which was developed by the Michael and Susan Dell Foundation back in 2008 happens to be one of those events that were not so highly noticeable on student’s radar. The purpose of the Scholar Snapp solution is, in a nutshell, to increase access to college scholarship funds. How is this accomplished? Well, as is stated on their website, “The Scholar Snapp solution will help you complete applications faster by pre-populating basic information requested in all scholarship applications and will help you find money for college by matching your data with the qualifications of various scholarship providers.” In other words, the Scholar Snapp solution provides users with the tools and resources needed to both find scholarships and make it easier to apply for them – Great ! Isn’t it ? So, now we have generated enough curiosity that it not surprising that there are a lot of frequently asked questions on this not so known solution. So lets try to answer some of those to take mystery out of this program.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Applicants
What is the Scholar Snapp® solution?
•The Scholar Snapp solution allows you to apply for a scholarship online and then automatically re-uses that information for other scholarship applications without requiring you to retype your personal information for each subsequent application. It basically makes the process consistent and efficient and takes out the need to having to research information and repeat typing the information over and over.
How does the Scholar Snapp solution work?
- Applicants can create a Scholar Snapp file at one of the following locations:
– Scholar Snapp Website
– The Common Application
– Scholarship applications or scholarship search engines
- Once an account is created, applicants can choose to download a copy of the file to be saved, or have it emailed to them.
Who can use the Scholar Snapp solution?
- Applicants seeking college scholarships for: ◦Associate Degrees
Why should I use the Scholar Snapp solution?
- The Scholar Snapp solution will help you complete applications faster by pre-populating basic information requested in all scholarship applications and will help you find money for college by matching your data with the qualifications of various scholarship provider.
Once the Scholar Snapp file is created, what do I need to do?
- Upload your Scholar Snapp file to a scholarship application
How much will it cost to use the Scholar Snapp solution?
- There is no cost to use the Scholar Snapp solution or to search for scholarships at www.scholarsnapp.org.
Does my Scholar Snapp file complete an entire scholarship application?
- The Scholar Snapp file will only complete basic information for the application; you will still be responsible for completing any additional questions and requirements stated by the scholarship program office.
What do I need to do in order to find matching scholarships?
- Click on the “Select Scholarships” tab. If your data matches any potential scholarships, a list will be visible.
What information will I be able to see about the scholarship(s)?
- Award amount or range
- Ability to go directly to the scholarship providers website
- Scholarship program overview
How can I receive more information about the scholarship(s)?
- Check the box next to each scholarship of interest.
- Click “Submit” at the bottom of the page.
- You will receive an email from each selected scholarship provider with more information regarding how to apply for that specific scholarship.
Can I open my Scholar Snapp file to make changes on my computer?
- No, if you need to make changes to your Scholar Snapp file, visit www.scholarsnapp.org, modify your profile and either e-mail the updated file to yourself or download it from the website as your most current Scholar Snapp file.
Is my Scholar Snapp file secure?
- Your Scholar Snapp file will have your personal information contained inside and will only be shared by us with your permission. Please check official website’s data privacy guidelines for more information. Information and details concerning Scholar Snapp partners, including scholarship providers and related hosting organizations, can be found here: www.scholarsnapp.org/Home/About
What is the contact information in case there are any questions ?
You can ask questions at email@example.com